Your student is multidimensional—curious and kind, thoughtful and improvisational, perceptive and exuberant. And you want a school that celebrates and hones all her gifts—not separately, but in concert. A school that knows she’s not just one song, but a symphony.
At Oakwood School, our educational philosophy carefully balances structure and openness to help your student grow as a creative, disciplined, joyful learner, fully prepared for college and life beyond.
- We ensure every child learns from passionate experts in each subject
- We foster a disciplined and jubilant culture of public self-expression
- We uphold high academic expectations
- We set grounded personal examples for moral behavior
- We lead students through a proven curriculum that gives them plenty of space for exploration
Step onto our idyllic Morgan Hill campus and you immediately feel Oakwood’s philosophy shining through—in the thoughtfully equipped, sunlit classrooms, in the expansive performing arts venue, in breathtaking mountain vistas, and especially in our students and teachers. You find one student coding a digital model of plate tectonics for her science fair project. Another, dressed as a knight, salutes you on his way to rehearsal. And their teachers look on with pride. They know a more intentional education really works, because they see it, and help construct it, every day.
Oakwood is fully accredited by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), which is considered the premier accreditation organization in the western United States.