We love connecting with our dynamic alumni! From participation in Senior Advisory to reunions to catching up at a basketball game to cheer on our Hawks, we always have time for our alums!
Hear from some of our community below about how Oakwood has been a driving force in their life!
Got a few minutes? Current Oakwood students have compiled the below questions that they'd love to have our alumni share their advice on:
- What is your favorite way that being an Oakwood student has affected your life in college and after?
- How is college life and its general atmosphere compared to Oakwood?
- Is college a big jump from high school?
- How does the homework load in college compare to Oakwood's?
- How was the college admissions process and what did you find most challenging during it?
- How did you select which school you attended?
- Was there anything that steered you in a particular direction regarding your major and/or career?
- Do you think it is too late to try to build up your skills for your dream job in high school?
- How did you manage your time in high school with sports, AP classes, and other extracurriculars?
- How do you organize your priorities? When do you put your life before your career/studies?
- What is your best advice for building a successful career?
Hear From Our Alumni
Oakwood’s founding Class of 2009 has a couple of very proud fathers!
Three cheers for their growing families!
Has your family grown? Let the Alumni Office know and receive a special Oakwood gift for your future Hawk!
Our reunion was filled with laughter, love, and reminiscing on our Oakwood days! We had a wonderful time at brunch with Madame de Bree, Mrs. Sanders, and Mrs. Crone, and then enjoyed each other's company in the summer weather next to a pool.
Corey Baldyga, Class of 2018, is driven. He has the goods and the gumption to get things done, and he shared with seniors exactly how they could do the same: maximize your effort to optimize your performance.
Jeb recently answered our new questionnaire with questions submitted by current Oakwood High School students. Thank you, Jeb, for your candid answers! Hear what Jeb has to say about college life and balancing school, work, and a social life.
Setting minds at ease, Ashley Bruning, Class of 2020, connected the dots between high school and college life for our inquiring senior class. Sharing her own path and how she grew routines established at Oakwood to support her current academic and personal choices, Ashley gave practical advice.
Lydia Sattler, a class of 2021 Oakwood School alum, is proving herself as a great asset to the Stephen F. Austin State University Ladyjacks soccer team.
Want to share your update with the Alumni Office?